Piano (June 21-26)
Piano Artist-Faculty: Brent Runnels
- M-F, 9:00-10:00 - Studio class
- M-F, 10:15-12:15 - Masterclasses (perform in one, attend up to 4 others)
- M-Th, 1:00-2:00 - Electives
- M-F 2:00-6:00 - Private lessons (individual time TBD; one lesson included)
- Sat 3:00 - 10th Anniversary concert featuring artist-faculty (livestreamed)
Included: 2021 ACMF T-shirt
Additional merchandise available for purchase below
ELECTIVE DESCRIPTIONS (SELECT ONE BELOW)
1) Bulletproof Your Practice - Presented by James Zellers
- Learn how to organize your practice sessions, use effective practice techniques to target difficult passages, and build on daily progress for a quick and efficient route to improving and feeling confident in your performance!
2) World Music Whirlwind - Presented by Miranda Dorhman
- Learn about instruments from all over the world! We will explore musical traditions and cultures in a fast-paced tour across the globe.
3) Conducting 101 - Presented by Paul Bhasin
- Have you ever wondered what that person in front of your ensemble is doing with that baton? Well then, conducting 101 is perfect for you! We will learn how to properly hold a baton, how to read a conductor’s score, show the proper beat patterns, cue the sections, hold a fermata, and what to do with your non-baton hand. We will practice every day with classical and modern music to show how fun and important conducting is to your ensemble!
4) Come On Bro, Be A Person! - Presented by Barney Culver
- An in-depth conversation on professionalism within a musical workplace. This is a topic that is rarely addressed or taught in music school - how to nurture a positive work environment; how your investment in behavior, actions, reactions, preparedness, etc. affect you and those around you.
5) Jazz Improv - Presented by Brent Runnels
- Learn how to improvise in a jazz style over classic tunes in a fun, low stress environment.